The Wolfton Tract
Orangeburg, SC SOLD $1,427,250
The Wolfton Tract (519 Acres+/-) is located on Wolfton Road in Orangeburg County just 8 miles NW of Orangeburg, SC. This is a very esthetic recreational property with a lot to offer the outdoorsman.
- There are 100 acres+/- of income producing farmland providing plenty of room for a dove field.
- Lots of hardwood drains and streams with numerous pond sites.
- There is a small pond that could easily be made into a large deep water pond.
- A large stream (Longbranch Creek) bisects the entire property, twisting and turning for 6000 feet and empties in the North Edisto River.
- Private river landing providing great fishing opportunities. The North Edisto River is home to Redbreast, Bass, Warmouth, Crappie, several species of Catfish, and a few others.
- Approximately 3000 feet of North Edisto River frontage
- There is 9400 feet +/- of county dirt road frontage, 3400 feet +/- of Paved road frontage, and two access points off Longbranch Road.
- Property has a lot of unique history. There was once a 60 acre mill pond built with mules and scoop pans. The dam is still there along with the remnants of the old grist mill. There is also an old turbine present, where electricity was once generated around 1903 to provide electricity to the home place.
- Lots of mast producing trees providing a great habitat for the many deer, turkeys, and various wildlife.
- Two artesian wells located near the river landing.
- There are 35 acres of 13 year old+/- planted loblolly pine, 55 acres of 30 year old+/- planted loblolly pine, 35 acres of 12 year old+/- planted pine, 23 acres of older natural regeneration pine, 30 acres of approximately 6 yr old cut over with natural regeneration, 130 acres of mature hardwood drains. The remaining acreage consists of a pine and hardwood mix. These stand acreages and ages are approximate and would need to be verified if necessary.
This property has amazing topography with high hills overlooking Longbranch Creek providing some stunning views of the creek and hardwoods. This tract has it all. Please click or copy and paste the link below to view a video of the property .